Dec 3, 2015

Project 3: FINISHED!

Wow! The project is finally done. I'm kind of glad there was no report, but at the same time the presentation took a lot of time to prepare. Four of us (Mario, Edgar, Frank, and I) ended up staying up the entire night at McDonald's down the street. I saw the sun set and rise from McDonald's at the same sitting... After spending ~12 hours there, I went back to school to attend physics class at 8AM. I actually got sick after that.

My personal contribution to this project includes:

  • Designing the house-like box and the chimney
  • Building the roof and chimney
  • Providing duct tape
  • Making the cage
  • Wiring the VI: I came up with the way we control the motor using a Time Elapsed function and a case structure. I also handled the logic for the fan and heater.
  • Constructing the side holsters
  • Taking photographs of all the parts and steps
  • Half the PowerPoint
  • Editing the PowerPoint presentation with animations and graphics